BCMIE Caribbean was established
- To promote the concept of Business Continuity Management (BCM) to business and government.
- To promote a high level of informed practice amongst BCM planners in the Caribbean region.
- To encourage membership in and support of the activities undertaken by BCMIE Caribbean.
- To encourage cooperation, raise understanding and establish interest among business, government organizations and individuals, of the importance of BCM planning through meetings, seminars and any other means deemed as appropriate.
- To provide a resource for BCM planning related information for and through its membership.
The BCMIE Caribbean Story
A group of Certified Business Continuity Professionals (CBCP) recognized a need to promote the concept of Business Continuity Management as a tool for developing business resilience.
In October 2016, a decision was eventually taken to partner Canada-based Disaster Recovery Information Exchange (DRIE), a non-profit association of professionals dedicated to the exchange of information on all aspects of business continuity management, from emergency response to the resumption of business as normal. The result was the birth of Business Continuity Management Information Exchange Caribbean (BCMIE Caribbean), an independent and autonomous Chapter of DRIE Canada.
As a Chapter, BCMIE Caribbean now has the international reach that was hitherto unavailable. More importantly, we also have access to the resources of DRIE Canada and all its chapters as we pursue our Vision and Mission.
Board of Directors
Keith C. Risbrooke
Be a part the efforts to promote business continuity in the region. You too can serve.